Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pretend With Me... Cuz This is Real

I would like you, my fellow Americans, to imagine the UN deciding that your cities and communities needed policing by foreign nationals that are more heavily armed than anything you have, seem to do nothing of benefit, and rape your fellow citizens on occasion. Women, and men alike. What would you do?
 -------
It isn't good; I know that. The UN troops seem to be stepping up patrols, and look nervous. The people are angry, and I don't blame them one bit. I hope this doesn't blow up in all our faces.

I've got my 10-spot and a knife, but this has the brewings of something going very wrong. Tensions are high, and everyone in control seems to be backpedaling and in CYA mode.

Let me put it this way: it is the first time I've seen heavy armor rolling into this city, and it didn't look like a joy ride.

My exit strategy is that I'll leave when I'm damn good and ready to. Haitians love me because I don't take their b.s. As long as I'm not mistaken for U.N. the locals will actually protect me.

The Nepalese units are actually really nice guys though. Had dinner with them a few times up on the plateau.

(Editor's note: The above paragraph was pieced together from Chris' status and his follow-ups to friends' comments.)


No comments:

Post a Comment